Last updated: June 1st, 2016
Instead of using soil as a medium to hold the roots of your medical marijuana plants, you can use an inert medium — something that does not have the quality problems found with ordinary soil — something like coco fiber or rock wool.
- Almost as easy as growing marijuana in plain soil.
- Better yields than soil.
- Almost as cheap and simple as plain soil.
- The process is generally cleaner with fewer bugs and mess..
- Requires special fertilizers which are more expensive.
- Requires the purchase of coco fiber. This is not very expensive, but you may have to find a local store that stocks it.
Click here to learn more.
Ask Jane a New Question
Have a question about the cannabis plant or its potential medical applications? Ask Jane by first searching Medical Jane’s database of frequently asked questions and answers. Chances are, someone has already asked and answered your question, so be sure to search Medical Jane before asking the Medical Jane community to answer your question.