Last updated: June 1st, 2016
Yes. The rosin technique is quick simple and affordable, allowing anyone to create quality solvent-less hash in a matter of seconds. To get started making rosin, one would only need a few basic tools in order to create a quality finished product, but not nearly as many as you need with other techniques. The tools needed to make rosin include:
- Flat Iron (2+” with temperature control) or other heat/rosin press
- Non-stick parchment paper
- Collecting device (TI dabber, razor blade, etc.)
- Processing material (flower, dry sift, bubble hash)
- 25u micron screen
Rosin Tech Steps:
- Prepare your processing material by breaking it down to .2 – .5 increments. Cut 10-20 pieces of parchment paper in 4” x 8” strips. Preheat the flat iron to 200*F – 340*F (the lower the temp, the tastier the end-product).
- Take one of the small increments that you prepared and wrap it in the center of the 25u micron screen. Place the screen with the product on a piece of parchment paper and then fold the paper over, leaving the product in the center. Place the parchment paper on the flat iron and apply pressure for 3-5 seconds directly on the product.
- Remove the pressure from the flat iron and take off the parchment paper, unfold the parchment paper. The starting product will be surrounded by the rosin, remove the product being careful to leave all of the rosin behind. Take your collecting device and scrape the parchment paper to collect all of the finished product.
Click here to learn more.
Ask Jane a New Question
Have a question about the cannabis plant or its potential medical applications? Ask Jane by first searching Medical Jane’s database of frequently asked questions and answers. Chances are, someone has already asked and answered your question, so be sure to search Medical Jane before asking the Medical Jane community to answer your question.