Last updated: June 1st, 2016
Coconut oil is a vegan “super food.” It is beneficial whether it used orally or topically, and can even be used as a daily detox. Here are a few quick points on why some medical marijuana patients and caregivers prefer to infuse their cannabis products with coconut oil:
- Coconut oil is vegan-friendly.
- Coconut oil contains 90% saturated fat, making it much easier for THC to bind to it than other products with less fat.
- Coconut oil is “Ketogenic-rich,” which means it can help control epileptic seizures.
- Cannabis infused coconut oil produces fast-acting effects.
- Cannabis infused coconut oil can double as an effective topical (in addition to being consumed orally).
Click here to learn how to make cannabis infused coconut oil.
Ask Jane a New Question
Have a question about the cannabis plant or its potential medical applications? Ask Jane by first searching Medical Jane’s database of frequently asked questions and answers. Chances are, someone has already asked and answered your question, so be sure to search Medical Jane before asking the Medical Jane community to answer your question.