- Released: May 2014
- Manufactured By: Vaped
- Manufactured In: China
- Designed In: California
- Liquid (sold sep.)
VAPED Sells An Assortment Of Portable Pen Vaporizers
Based in San Jose, CA, VAPED has built a healthy following since being founded in 2012. They have a line of portable vaporizer pens that vary slightly in size.
VAPED’s history of success is largely centered around the popularity of “dabbing” and cannabis concentrates in recent years. These cannabis extracts are typically consumed using a titanium or quartz nail that has been heated with a handheld torch.
“According to the Vaped website, the VAPED Nano Kit retails for $59.99.”
According to the VAPED website, the VAPED Nano Kit retails for $59.99.
The VAPED Nano Kit arrives in a soft carrying case that allows for easy transportation at all times. It includes a 1-year warranty card, an instruction card, 1 lithium-ion battery, 1 wickless skillet attachment with titanium coils (cartridge), 1 plastic mouthpiece, 1 metal mouthpiece, 1 dab tool, 1 key-chain holder, and 1 dual-compatibility charger (Wall/USB).
How To Use The VAPED Nano Pen Vaporizer
The first thing you will want to do when opening your VAPED Nano Kit is make sure the pen is charged. Plug the charger into the bottom of the pen.
You should see a small LED light turn on to let you know the pen is charging – a blue light indicates that it is fully charged, purple means mid-charge, and red means that it’s time to recharge the battery.
In order to turn on the VAPED Nano, press the button 5 times consecutively – the button will then blink 3 times in order to let you know it’s ready. Follow the same process to turn the pen off when you’re finished.
“You’ll want to use concentrates with a runnier consistency in your VAPED Nano.”
Using a dab tool, you will then want to load the pen with your concentrate. I personally try to avoid using the traditional crumble/budder consistency of concentrates with the VAPED Nano – it can be difficult to place crumble directly on the wickless titanium coil. In turn, it tends to melt down to the bottom of the bowl, where it is then lost forever.
Concentrates that are more of a shatter consistency (glass-like) can be a slightly easier to manuever with, but not by much. Ideally, you’ll want to use concentrates with a runnier consistency in your VAPED Nano – I would expect The Clear to work quite well.
What We Liked About The VAPED Nano
- Can be used while charging.
- Wick-less titanium coils seem to be a healthier option than the traditional fiber wick.
- 5-click on/off feature helps prevent accidentally vaporizing concentrates in your pocket.
- Multi-colored LED light to let you know how much charge is needed.
- Comes with a soft carrying-case for easy transportation. It holds all the Vaped accessories as well.
- Small enough to fit in your pocket – it’s only 3.5 inches tall.
- Intuitive Design – load the pen, press a button, and inhale. It’s that easy.
- Easy to clean – soak all parts other than battery and cartridge in alcohol. Wipe threads clean of oil with a Q-tip soaked in alcohol.
- All pieces of the pen are fully branded, which makes it look slightly more unique than other vapor pens on the market.
- Vaped offers a one (1) year warranty on all manufacturer defects.
How VAPED Could Improve The VAPED Nano
- It could be difficult for consumers with arthritis to take the pen apart – there are a number of small parts to configure.
- The vapor produced quickly develops a burnt taste over time. This is likely due to some concentrate being heated through conduction, not convection.
- I wish that the Micro VAPED v2 came with a smooth matte finish to improve on its overall feel.
- An improved atomizer to reduce wasted concentrate would be a great improvement for this vape pen.
VAPED Nano: A Extremely Discreet Portable Pen Vaporizer
Overall, the VAPED Nano is a solid option for those in search of a easy-to-use, low-maintenance way to consume cannabis concentrates and essential oils. Of course, this pen is useless for anyone who only plans to medicate with dried cannabis flowers (buds).
“The incredible discreteness that the VAPED Nano offers is an obvious plus for many patients.”
The incredible discreteness that the VAPED Nano offers is an obvious plus for many patients. Still, I would be hard-pressed to find someone who believes it is an innovative product by any stretch of the imagination.
It’s no secret that we here at Medical Jane are not the biggest proponents of the vaporizer pen craze, but it’s obvious that they aren’t going anywhere. It’s hard to beat the portability of products like the VAPED Nano, but the first company to successfully revamp the vaporizer pen will take the industry by storm.
Vaped is a California-based portable vaporizer company that has a line of pen style vapes that will help you make “Every Day A Vapecation!” Founded in June of 2012, Vaped is dedicated to providing quality …